One of this Semester's module is Reflection in the Workplace. I am finding it more than that in common with many of the cohort who have discovered they reflect almost continuously and automatically in their day to day lives.
I had already decided after briefly looking at the models of reflection to go with Gibbs and Schon since they had such contrasting presentations. Schon is more abstract in that he does not propose a particular course of action, but identifies them, whilst Gibbs structures his into a cycle of 6 steps.
Originally I started off by doing an essay feeling somewhat pressured. However, subsequent discussion persuaded me to present my assignment as a powerpoint. Havind almost finished it I begin to understand why different genres of presentation are useful. This method by necessity having to be concise and 'punchy' allowed me to focus on the central points. I've not finished yet as there are areas which I would like to cross reference having picked up a number of similar views of the content of reflection, not only from the Cohort but from my reading. There are also some areas on which i would like to expand a little so may well go on to do a narration along the powerpoint. But as usual time is the issue. If I am to keep on schedule I should now be concentrating on the next assignment! In addition the 23rd is approaching when the next modules commences.
Tricia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks Tricia for your kind comments. It's lovely to have support from you. I know I did wel last semester but I wasn't pregnant then! Not ready to broadcast it yet, but you've been great. I've just had really tough first 3 months but hopefully I'll start feeling better soon. Thanks again. x
ReplyDelete