I hadn't realised it had been so long since I looked at my Blog, let alone write anything!
However, since it has been such a struggle to do everything I have had to dual task in my First Class postings, many of them serving also as a reflection. Not ideal because it's quite difficult to find the relevant ones later! I'm now experimenting with a little notebook, trying to write something every day, but not totally successfully. I've also decided to use my electronic calendar as a prompt, and indeed am using it more and more to change and enhance my working practices.
Have started on research inquiry. What a palaver that's been! Why did people respond to a questionnaire related to my work practices when they don't work with me!!? Completely scuppered my data! Fortunately I managed to get my revised inquiry up and running pretty quickly and after 10 days of implementing the 'improvement' have asked for feedback. All with the exception of 1 person, who is on leave but back Monday, have responded so that is very positive.
The weird thing is that having implemented the new process I am now being told they don't think 'STOP PRESS' should be included in email headings unless the email is urgent, and yet I had been requested to put a flag on the urgent ones.....Maybe they have forgotten what they asked for!
Anyhow on to collecting and analysing the responses. Need to go through my work emails and forward them to self at home.
Need to keep on top as I'm off to a conference for the whole of next week with the exception of Monday and then we are into Easter and no feedback during that period. I need to be careful I don't miss the last date for requesting feedback on UAI from LF's...
I feel so much better for having some time off! I know all I did was study, but I did manage to catch up on sleep and am horrified at the bonkers things I discovered I had done in my studies while so tired. Wrong dates for references, although I think initially is was a type, but what made me change to an entirely different date later I will never know.
Must finish now. Need to do some analysis.
Tricia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment